Thursday, May 2, 2013

Life as a Family of Four

What a life it is!! A family of four is a great number to be! Now that Mia is here, it makes me realize just how quickly life DOES fly by. Cliche or not, it feels like Ava was just the baby(maybe because she was:)). And now she is quite big, saying more things every day. I want to hold on to these moments, even the frustrating ones. I know that too soon, I'll be looking from the other side wondering where these days went. Some days I think I might pull out my hair but I seriously wouldn't trade it for the world! The opportunity to see a child learn and grow is priceless.... Ava still loves Mia, although she still hasn't learned how to be gentle. Poor Mia gets squished daily! Sister love is sweet if not a little breathless.

The pace of life here has increased... Clint has several things going on. I'm so excited to share the following pictures--they give such a good view of where Clint has been working lately. I mentioned on my last post about the onions he was purchasing and transplanting to the mountains. They did get them planted and Clint says they are looking great! He planted them on some of Don and Karole Weaver's land; the two of them went along to help plant. Karole was kind enough to capture the day for me!



Planting Onions
Proof that Clint does work! (for those of you who doubted!)


Don and Karole Weaver




Isn't this an amazing view?!

This is also where the potatoes are planted. We're hoping that in a few months, we won't have to buy potatoes and onions for a long, long time! Clint was up to fertilize and spray yesterday and said everything is looking good so far.
Things are also moving along with the coffee nursery. A location is pinned down, along with a boss, and progress is being made! It's so exciting to actually see things happening!
 
Coffee Nursery in beginning stages
 
 



 
 
A benefit of having a baby in-country is that Dad and Mom came to see her(and us too I think!). Our time with them went fast but was great! It was very fun for Ava to 'learn' who Grandpa and Grandma were!! I don't think she'll forget them now. We'll look forward to seeing them again soon in Washington!
 



Now Marykate Bowman is here to help us for a few weeks and we are thankful already for her help! And for two last pictures.....

Mia Gabrielle


 
 


 
 Don't forget we love to hear from you! Blessings on your day today--"This is the day that the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be GLAD in it!" Ps 118:24
 


3 comments:

  1. So fun to read your updates! Congrats on your new precious addition! She looks like a sweetie! Read you were coming to Washington....please come see us and stay with us or at least come for a meal! We would love to have you! - Layne & Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  2. I MISS MY SISTER... IF SHE STAYS DOWN THERE ANY LONGER WE WILL ALL BE DOWN TO VISIT ;) and that precious beautiful baby... cant wait to love on her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love seeing into the every day life! So glad Clint's projects are taking off! The pics are breathtaking indeed!! So thankful Ava got some good gramma (&grandpa) time in :) ... And that you're getting some GREAT help! Ummm.. a little disgruntled you're going to WA & not HERE! But I can deal with it. ;) Love you, think of you a lot & pray for you! Keep posting (and don't forget the pics! My fave!). xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete