Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Waiting....

Here I sit, attempting to update my blog and the only thing I can hear and think about is the presidential debate. Let's get one thing straight, I'm.not.policital. However, I have learned quite a bit the last several weeks and am actually kind of enjoying not feeling completely ignorant of the state of affairs in the U.S. But still....how long does this thing last!!??

Doesn't life feel like it's made up of waiting?? Waiting in line at the grocery, waiting for the GOP debate to be over, waiting at the doctor, waiting in traffic, waiting for a child to obey, waiting to see family again, waiting for the weekend, waiting for the laundry to be done, waiting for the day to end so you can fall into bed, waiting for Jesus to return, waiting, waiting, waiting. If you think about it, I would say that is how we spend a lot of our time in life. And it just keeps making me think, is my time well spent while waiting for Jesus?? So many things I find to fill my time, to keep me busy, and I wonder if that is really the most important thing I could be doing. Am I seeking His will AND listening to his plan? I desperately want to be found FAITHFULLY waiting for him.

November is here and somehow it has been almost one year since my mom died; no more waiting for her! Some days it feels like she has been gone every day of a whole year, but other times it feels like it hasn't possibly been that long. All I know is that God is faithful and he will continue to provide. My heart aches to think of the holidays this year. Last year we were numb... this year life just feels pretty real. So thankful for the healing that has come and still thankful for God's perfect plan.

Clint is so busy it makes my head spin. All kinds of experiments are happening at the farm, the ECHO conference is in one week and there is conference prep for January. I tell him there is really no reason for me to do anything, he is doing enough for both of us! He has a great start to a Ronald McDonald farm. We currently have a milk cow, a sheep who is supposed to have lambs soon, chickens, pigs, goats, bees and a donkey. Thankfully nothing has made it home to our small lakou except for the bees. Whew. We also have tarantulas, but I think you know that already. If I have to go behind the house at night, I take a huge flashlight with me. It absolutely makes me shiver to think about stepping on one of those things. The other night I found a Granddaddy one, and had to work to not run for the house. I would have taken a picture but I really don't like to see them in my photo stream.


June 2
Same land on August 4

Ava is doing a bit of 'school' here and there. I'm not a very dedicated teacher at this point in life; I have a lot to learn. She does like it though and will remind me, at least she will if she wants to do it. Mia likes to watch and can be found sitting nearly on top of Ava in an attempt to see exactly what is happening. I have utmost respect for home school moms with multiple students. It is not for the faint of heart.

 For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation for all people, training us to renounce ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright, and godly lives in the present age,  waiting for our blessed hope, the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ, who gave himself for us to redeem us from all lawlessness and to purify for himself a people for his own possession who are zealous for good works. Titus 2:11-14

And maybe that is the key... waiting with hope. But if we hope for what we do not see, we wait for it with patience. Romans 8:25

1 comment:

  1. What a treat to see a new post on your blog! Your girls! <3 <3 <3 Blessings to you in your busy life...so full of love mixed with sadness. I have learned that the heart is large enough to hold both joy and sadness...I used to think it had to be one or the other. The Truth is....life is short but eternity is long! Have you ever read Randy Alcorn's book "Heaven"? It's a bit difficult to get through but the last section...with all the questions and answers is wonderfully inspiring. Especially as we think of what feels like missed opportunities here. They will be recovered there!

    ReplyDelete